Patients of Garden State Hearing & Balance Center (GSHBC),
There is no higher priority for GSHBC than the health and well-being of our patients and employees. We are closely following guidance on COVID-19 (coronavirus) from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the New Jersey Department of Health to stay on top of all developments. We fully recognize that many of the population we serve are among the most vulnerable to diseases like COVID-19 and the flu.
Our offices are currently closed, but we are available by phone and via email for questions and concerns related to your hearing health. Please leave us a message, and we will get back to you as soon as possible, and make every effort to assist you over the phone during this time.
Rest assured that when we do reopen, we have always had a strong commitment to infection control at our Centers. All of our staff and providers wash their hands frequently for 20 seconds before and after cleaning hearing aids and interacting with patients. We have hand sanitizer with 60% or more alcohol placed throughout the office for patients and employees to use. We are also taking additional measures to further strengthen our protocols and safeguard our patients’ health:
- We have removed magazines in the waiting room that could transport germs. We apologize for the inconvenience!
- Coffee & Tea will not be available at this time. If you need a cup of water, one of our staff members with provide you with a clean cup for use.
- If you are feeling under the weather or are experiencing a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, we would ask that you call and reschedule your appointment so as not to put other patients at risk. You could also see if a healthy loved one could bring your hearing aids to the office for a cleaning. We recommend reviewing guidelines from the CDC on preventing illness.
- Dropping in can create a crowd in our waiting rooms. If an underlying condition or your age makes you more vulnerable to COVID-19, we urge you to avoid dropping in and instead call to schedule a time to get your hearing aids cleaned and checked. We will do our absolute best to get you on the schedule as soon as possible. You could also see if a healthy loved one could bring your hearing aids to the office for a cleaning.
- We have instructed providers and staff to stay home if they are sick. If your provider becomes ill, we will ask them to stay home, and we sincerely apologize if this means we need to reschedule your appointment!
- If you need additional accommodations, please don’t hesitate to call our office to discuss.
We understand the importance of hearing at your best, especially in this time when communication is so critical. If there are any updates, we will post on our website and social media.
If you are having problems with your hearing aids, please call, and we’ll see whether we can help you over the phone. Please feel free to call with any additional questions. We are always happy to hear from our patients.